Home As Church Too Sermon
If you are looking to share and spread the Faith@Home message across your entire congregation a perfect way to do so is to have Pastor Mark deliver his moving Home As Church Too sermon built on Deuteronomy 6. This 40-45 minute message concludes with a “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord” challenge that leads your people to make a personal commitment to being 24/7 Faith@Home focused followers of Christ.
Pastor Mark is available to preach a sermon – Mark help me out on this one
Thank you for inviting me to preach and share the Faith@Home message with the people of your congregation. As we prepare for the service here are a few things that I have found to be important so that I can be the very best steward of the message that God has given me to preach literally all across the world.
- My message is entitled, Home As Church Too.
- The scripture passage I will be going through is Deuteronomy 6 and will also include a portion of Joshua 24.
- My message requires 40 minutes to deliver.
- I will need to know if there are any dress/attire expectations.
- Normally I plan to preach in pants and a button down shirt. I will gladly go more casual or dressy if that is important to who God has called you to be as a church.
- I will provide Power Point slides for the message that I will need someone else to control.
- I will provide my sermon notes to the Power Point operator which highlight where the slide changes will take place.
- I will need 5-10 minutes to go through my slides with the Power Point operator.
- I will provide bulletin notes for the message that will need to be formatted to fit your bulletin.
- I would like recommend the song, “Today” by Brian Doerksen as the concluding song to my message but I am open to other suggestions so long as the song drives the theme home.
- At the conclusion of the message I would like an additional 5-10 minutes of time to call the people to make a “As for me and my household we will serve the Lord” Faith@Home commitment.
- This can be something where the people stand where they are or come forward.
- If the call for commitment will only require them to stand where they are then it will only take an additional 3-5 minutes.
- If we want them to come forward for the call to commitment this will require 5-10 minutes of additional time and I would then recommend the following:
- I would like to suggest that we give them a chance to pick up a palm sized rock as a symbolic reminder for the decision they are making that they can take home with them.
- You can have baskets of rocks at numerous locations around the church that people can go and get their rocks from.
- I would also like the worship team to play the song, “Today” (or other appropriate song) as people are coming to make their commitment and get their rocks.
- Following the call for commitment I would like to have a pastor of the church conclude the service with a time of prayer and/or blessing.
I hope this helps prepare you for the service. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions. Thank you again for the opportunity to bring the Home As Church Too message to your worshipping community.
Feel free to email this document to yourself and place into your Bulletin on the Sunday Mark gives his sermon. Feel free to reformat and place your Churches brand/logo. (email button on the bottom)